    how..plz help me ,Thnaks in adavce to everyone who will try to do this

    i post this question before but the soltuon given by somebody else is not
    working

    deepak, Dec 31, 2005

  2. deepak

    Riki Guest

    deepak wrote:
    > i have dropdownlist(ddlist) and textbox(tbox) , i want that if a user
    > types sometihing in the textbox(tbox), the values present in the
    > ddlist should appear e.g.
    > my ddlist has 3 values (india,indonesia,germany), if user types in
    > text box like "i" then dropdown control should go to "india" and
    > 'indonesia" (not
    > to germany) and if he types "n" the then it be on india,indonesia
    > and if he types "d" after "in" in text box then control should be on
    > "india" ,indonesia" and if he types 4th letter say "i" then control
    > shoudl select 2nd value which is "india",in this way the procseesing
    > should be done..there must be no postback, i know it can be done
    > with the help of javsscript but how..plz help me ,Thnaks in adavce
    > to everyone who will try to do this
    >
    > i post this question before but the soltuon given by somebody else is
    > not working

    What you want is a so-called combobox. In plain HTML, this does not exist,
    but there are ASP.NET controls available, even for free.

    Do a search for "free ASP.NET combobox control", or look here for
    an example:
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/aspautocompletecombobox.asp

    --

    Riki

    Riki, Jan 1, 2006

  3. deepak

    deepak Guest

    Hi Riki , i open this link which u gave me but my funcitonly is thia one
    which i m explaning now , i think this does not mathc in that link which u
    gave.. plz see this now:->
    -----GUI is like the following ------------
    TextBox1(placed above listbox named ListBox1)

    ListBox1(placed below TextBox named TextBox1)
    TextBox1:
    The user can enter the letter(s) that match the country name(say
    india,indonesia). On entering letter(s) the list box view will change to show
    the country(s) that match the entered characters.
    ListBox1:
    The country list are pre-populated in the list box. The user can either
    scroll down the list box and select the country(s) or enter the country name
    in the text box provided

    Hope now u have better picture...plz send me a complete code with tested
    already so that i could proceed further . Already my 3 days are wasted in
    this.i will be thankful to any other person also who will test and send it .

    deepak, Jan 2, 2006