DropDownList VS TextBox

deepak

i have dropdownlist(ddlist) and textbox(tbox) , i want that if a user types
sometihing in the textbox(tbox), the values present in the ddlist should
appear e.g.
my ddlist has 3 values (india,indonesia,germany), if user types in text box
like "i" then dropdown control should go to "india" and 'indonesia" (not
to germany) and if he types "n" the then it be on india,indonesia
and if he types "d" after "in" in text box then control should be on "india"
,indonesia" and if he types 4th letter say "i" then control shoudl select
2nd value which is "india",in this way the procseesing should be done..there
must be no postback, i know it can be done with the help of javsscript but
how..plz help me ,Thnaks in adavce to everyone who will try to do this

i post this question before but the soltuon given by somebody else is not
working

Riki

deepak said:
[...]

What you want is a so-called combobox. In plain HTML, this does not exist,
but there are ASP.NET controls available, even for free.

Do a search for "free ASP.NET combobox control", or look here for
an example:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/aspautocompletecombobox.asp

deepak

Hi Riki , i open this link which u gave me but my funcitonly is thia one
which i m explaning now , i think this does not mathc in that link which u
gave.. plz see this now:->
-----GUI is like the following ------------
TextBox1(placed above listbox named ListBox1)

ListBox1(placed below TextBox named TextBox1)
TextBox1:
The user can enter the letter(s) that match the country name(say
india,indonesia). On entering letter(s) the list box view will change to show
the country(s) that match the entered characters.
ListBox1:
The country list are pre-populated in the list box. The user can either
scroll down the list box and select the country(s) or enter the country name
in the text box provided

Hope now u have better picture...plz send me a complete code with tested
already so that i could proceed further . Already my 3 days are wasted in
this.i will be thankful to any other person also who will test and send it .