Dropdownlist with special characters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tony WONG, Dec 31, 2009.

  1. Tony WONG

    Tony WONG Guest

    One of the value of dropdownlist has a special chinese character (HK
    suplementary character set)

    i can see that special chinese character in the dropdownlist of the asp.net
    form (UTF-8)

    however, the gridview (bind to the dropdownlist) cannot be filtered by only
    that selected item.

    in my very old asp page (Big5), it can be filtered by asp page querystring

    i tried to add to change character set from UTF-8 to big5
    <globalization
    requestEncoding="big5"
    responseEncoding="big5"
    fileEncoding="big5"/>

    it still fails. Grateful for any help?

    thanks a lot.
    Tony WONG, Dec 31, 2009

  2. Tony WONG

    Tony WONG Guest

    finally, i hard code the selectcommand.

    "Tony WONG" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:...

    Tony WONG, Jan 4, 2010

  3. Tony WONG

    Tony WONG Guest

    finally i find that the error is due to few spaces after the text "ABCD "

    "Tony WONG" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:...

    Tony WONG, Jan 4, 2010