DropdownList's tooltip not functioning

ken bus

This seems to be by design. Why is this? Will it ever be supported in the
future?
Until then, I guess I'll use the server control label's tooltip instead
unless someone has a better suggestion.

Scott M.

What is it that you are looking for? Have you tried adding the "Title"
attribute and a value to the tag?

John Wiese (MS)

Yes, I too have this problem.

Not sure why some WebControls do not inherit the ToolTip property???? UGGH!

This is a much needed feature, and it looks like it may be in the next
version. The beta 1 release of 'Whidbey' does have a ToolTip property for
DropDownList controls on ASPX pages, but it does not appear to be working yet
in my testing.

John