dropping namespace declarations in output

Keith Davies

Hi All,

I'm sure this is possible, but I haven't seen how it's done.

I'm generating XHTML from XML using Saxon (6.5.3). My output files end
up with the namespace declarations from the stylesheet and input files.
This is preventing them from validating correctly at w3.

The xmlns attributes don't actually affect page display, but it'd be
nice to have the pages validate cleanly. How can I stop the namespace
declarations from being put in my output file?

Keith

Martin Honnen

Keith Davies wrote:

I'm generating XHTML from XML using Saxon (6.5.3). My output files end
up with the namespace declarations from the stylesheet and input files.
This is preventing them from validating correctly at w3.

The xmlns attributes don't actually affect page display, but it'd be
nice to have the pages validate cleanly. How can I stop the namespace
declarations from being put in my output file?

<xsl:stylesheet exclude-result-prefixes="prefix1 prefix2"
xmlns:prefix1="http://example.com/2004/08/whatever"
xmlns:prefix2="http://example.com/2004/08/whatelse"
but for that to work you can't have any result elements using those
namespaces.