DSN-Less Connection Help

SIMON GARE

Can anyone help me create a dsn less connection to the sql server 2005 db
from the connection.asp file below please,

<%
' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="true"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
Dim MM_TobiasNET_STRING
MM_TobiasNET_STRING = "dsn=TobiasNET;uid=sa;pwd=*******;"
%>

Need detailed explanation if poss or even better an example.

Regards
Simon

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Already answered over in .db

Please do not multipost Simon. This is definitely a database-related
question so .asp.db was the perfect group in which to post it. Posting it
here as well did not increase your chances of getting an answer (most of us
subscribe to both groups). On the contrary, if somebody had taken his time
to answer it here, only to find that it was already resolved in the other
group, that person may have been annoyed enough to ignore any future posts
from you, thereby decreasing your chances of getting help in the future.

There are times when you will not be sure which group is most appropriate
(again, this was not one of them), and you will want to post a question to
both groups. In that situation, you should use the cross-posting technique,
rather than posting the same message multiple times. To crosspost, put
a semicolon-delimited* list of the newsgroups to which you wish to post in
the To: header of your post and post it once. It, and any replies to it,
will appear in all the newsgroups in your list. So, if I reply in .asp.db,
my reply will also appear here in .asp.general.

* ... or whatever delimiter is recognized by your news client