Dsn.Resolve() fails in ASP.NET

Kevin Kenny

Hi All,

I have a problem with the following code:

IPHostEntry hostInfo = Dns.Resolve("www.develop.com");

Dns.Resolve() throws :
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known at
System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName(String hostName) at
System.Net.Dns.Resolve(String hostName) [snip]

The same code runs just fine in a console exe on the same web server as
does the nslookup tool...so its not a firewall or DNS accessibility problem.

Has anyone come across this before?

We're running FW1.1 on Win2k SP3 and ASP.NET is running on the stock
"ASPNET" account. Its a pretty standard built box and the .net security
config hasn't been altered either.

Sorry if the cross post to security may seem OT but I just want to see
if this rings any security bells.

Thanks

Kevin