DSN Server or what

Tim

I am a newbie. I think set up evrething correcty (i.e., application, vertutal
directory, ODBC, and initializing the application-level in the Global.asp.
Can you please tell me why it happens and how to solve the problem
Thanks

Tim

The problem is when I type http://localhost/MySite/default.asp (where MySite
is the virtual directory). I enter username and pw into the default.asp file.
After clicking the login button, it pops up the error message, "Cannot find
server or DNS Error Internet Explorer". Can you please tell me why?
Thanks

Tim

Hi Ray,
I don't know. I am newbie. I just read the thread of Charlie Parker the one
below me. Per Charlie, maybe it is the firewall or antivirus or something
other than IIS causing the problem. But I am really not sure. I will try his
way thank to him. Do you think of anything else? Thank you,

Turkbear

Hi Ray,
I don't know. I am newbie. I just read the thread of Charlie Parker the one
below me. Per Charlie, maybe it is the firewall or antivirus or something
other than IIS causing the problem. But I am really not sure. I will try his
way thank to him. Do you think of anything else? Thank you,

By 'What seems to be the problem' Ray probably ( and reasonably) expected a description of what is happening when you
try whatever you are trying ---- Error messages, smoke and flames, whatever...

Tim

Ok, I uninstalled Norton Antivirus but the error is still there. I have a
default.asp page that asks for entering username and pw. Then it leads to the
verify.asp page. If I entered the username and pw on the Frontpage's View, it
shows the error, "The page cannot be displayed", and below it is "Cannot find
server or DNS Error". If I entered the username and pw on the Internet
Explorer, it shows the error.asp page (by the logic of the program). Again, I
think I already set up ODBC and virtual directory correctly. I can not find
out why it has this problem.
Please help! Thanks.