    directory, ODBC, and initializing the application-level in the Global.asp.
    Can you please tell me why it happens and how to solve the problem
    Thanks

    Tim, Nov 1, 2005

  2. Tim

    Tim Guest

    The problem is when I type http://localhost/MySite/default.asp (where MySite
    is the virtual directory). I enter username and pw into the default.asp file.
    After clicking the login button, it pops up the error message, "Cannot find
    server or DNS Error Internet Explorer". Can you please tell me why?
    Thanks

    Tim, Nov 1, 2005

  3. What seems to be the problem?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Nov 1, 2005
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi Ray,
    I don't know. I am newbie. I just read the thread of Charlie Parker the one
    below me. Per Charlie, maybe it is the firewall or antivirus or something
    other than IIS causing the problem. But I am really not sure. I will try his
    way thank to him. Do you think of anything else? Thank you,

    Tim, Nov 1, 2005
  5. Tim

    Turkbear Guest

    On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 13:05:05 -0800, Tim <> wrote:

    >Hi Ray,
    >I don't know. I am newbie. I just read the thread of Charlie Parker the one
    >below me. Per Charlie, maybe it is the firewall or antivirus or something
    >other than IIS causing the problem. But I am really not sure. I will try his
    >way thank to him. Do you think of anything else? Thank you,
    >

    >"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> What seems to be the problem?
    >>
    >> Ray at work
    >>
    >> "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> >I am a newbie. I think set up evrething correcty (i.e., application,
    >> >vertutal
    >> > directory, ODBC, and initializing the application-level in the Global.asp.
    >> > Can you please tell me why it happens and how to solve the problem
    >> > Thanks

    By 'What seems to be the problem' Ray probably ( and reasonably) expected a description of what is happening when you
    try whatever you are trying ---- Error messages, smoke and flames, whatever...

    Turkbear, Nov 1, 2005
  6. Tim

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Are you sure IIS is running?
    If you just enter http://localhost do you get the "welcome to IIS" pages?
    How about http://127.0.0.1?

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, Nov 1, 2005
  7. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Ok, I uninstalled Norton Antivirus but the error is still there. I have a
    default.asp page that asks for entering username and pw. Then it leads to the
    verify.asp page. If I entered the username and pw on the Frontpage's View, it
    shows the error, "The page cannot be displayed", and below it is "Cannot find
    server or DNS Error". If I entered the username and pw on the Internet
    Explorer, it shows the error.asp page (by the logic of the program). Again, I
    think I already set up ODBC and virtual directory correctly. I can not find
    out why it has this problem.
    Please help! Thanks.

    Tim, Nov 2, 2005