DSO on IIS and Administrators group

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by AdamCodec, Nov 17, 2004.

  1. AdamCodec

    AdamCodec Guest

    Hi,

    We have serious problem using DSO within .Net code via IIS - smart client
    scenario.
    We make it in some very specific case and we are using just one, special
    user for it. This is acceptable that this user is the member of OLAP
    Administrator group, but this is not acceptable that the user is a member of
    Administrators group. Unfortunatelly we found that both is somehow
    necessary - even empowered Power Users did not help.

    We have checked:
    1. The code which runs DSO is run as the special user and not ASP.Net user
    or any other (impersonate=true)
    2. aspcompat = true
    3. Have checked number of settings in Security rules like e.g. remote
    delegation
    4. We could not find any possition which applies to DSO COM object in
    Component Services

    Please let us know if there is any way how this case can be solved!
    Thanks in advance,
    Adam Koszlajda
    Software Development Manager
    Codec Systems Poland