DTD API in java

Discussion in 'XML' started by Arun Hallan, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Arun Hallan

    Arun Hallan Guest

    Hi,

    I need to parse a DTD file to check if a certain sequence of elements
    in an XML file are correct.

    EG

    XML sequence: project --> target --> javac --> classpath

    Then the DTD parser wud check for a project element, then see if
    target is valid under that, then check if javac is valid under that
    etc etc...

    (BTW the dtd schema is for apache ant)

    I have tried converting the DTD to XML with stylus studio, but the
    generated XML is too large and it won't allow it (i presume because of
    the vast amount of possibilities).

    Is there an API that will deal with DTD's in such a way? I want to be
    able to take an XML element, and check if all it's children are valid
    under the DTD, then do the same recursively for each of their
    children.

    Any help appreciated.
    Arun Hallan, Jan 24, 2005