DTD validation and xmlproc

Discussion in 'Python' started by mmm, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. mmm

    mmm Guest

    I found Python code to validate a XML document basd on DTD file
    layout. The code uses the 'xmlproc' package and these module loading
    steps

    from xml.parsers.xmlproc import xmlproc
    from xml.parsers.xmlproc import xmlval
    from xml.parsers.xmlproc import xmldtd

    Unfortunately, the xml package no longer seems to hold the xmlproc
    module. As a standalone the xmlproc module seems to be no longer
    maintained and was subsumed in PyXML a few years ago and that package
    is no longer maintained (as best I can tell, or maybe was subsumed in
    the base Python 2.x packages)

    My problem is I can not get the old xmlproc package files that i did
    find to work with Python 2.5.
    I am willing to learn and use new xml procedures, but I found nothng
    pre-written to validate agaisnt a given DTD file.

    Any advice would be welcome, even a good tutorial on XML validation
    usiog Python.

    mmm, Apr 23, 2008

  2. Stefan Behnel, Apr 23, 2008

  3. mmm