DTS OnProgress and OnError events do not fire when called from ASP.NET

Nick Gilbert

Hi,

I'm using the following code to execute a DTS package from .NET:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319985

However when I run my package from ASP.NET, only the OnQueryCancel event
seems to fire. The OnProgress and OnError events do not fire. If I cause
an error on purpose, a COMException is thrown.

I would really like to handle the OnProgress and OnError events. Can
somebody please tell me if there is a way to get these to work.

Thanks,

Nick...

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Nick,

I tried it on my machine in ASP.NET 1.1. Well, it works fine. I can handle
both OnProgress and OnError event. Did you used the C# delegate to handle
the event or followed KB article to achieve this?

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Nick Gilbert

I tried it on my machine in ASP.NET 1.1. Well, it works fine. I can handle
both OnProgress and OnError event. Did you used the C# delegate to handle
the event or followed KB article to achieve this?

I used the exact code from the KB article I mentioned, but the only
event that ever fires is the OnQueryCancel() event.

Nick...

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Nick,

This is really weird. Did you set some breakpoints in the event handler and
reproed that? If the same code is put in a console app or winform app, does
it still work?

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."