duckkiller53

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by duckkiller53, Nov 7, 2009.

  1. duckkiller53

    duckkiller53 Guest

    Could someone Please help. I am reading the book Professional ASP.NET
    3.5 BY wrox. In the section on Personalizaion and in particular
    "Working with Anonymous Identification" the Author states that you can
    create your own unique AnonymousID by using the event
    AnonymousIdentification_Creating from the Global.asax. In the Authors
    words you just create the event using the event delegate of type
    AnonymousIdentificationEventArgs as listed below.

    Public Sub AnonymousIdentification_Creating(ByVal sender As Object,
    ByVal e As AnonymousIDentificationEventArgs)

    e.AnonymousID = "Bubbles " & DateTime.Now()

    End Sub

    Then the Author just said that by setting the e.AnonymoudID you can
    set your own unique ID vs a GUID.

    Here is the QuestionI was able to get the above sub working by placing
    it in a Global.asax file. The Author stated that this same sub can be
    called from at the page level. How do you do that.?
    duckkiller53, Nov 7, 2009

  2. duckkiller53

    Evertjan. Guest

    duckkiller53 wrote on 07 nov 2009 in

    > Could someone Please help. I am reading the book Professional ASP.NET

    This is a classic asp group.

    Dotnet questions should be asked in
    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 7, 2009