duckkiller53

Could someone Please help. I am reading the book Professional ASP.NET
3.5 BY wrox. In the section on Personalizaion and in particular
"Working with Anonymous Identification" the Author states that you can
create your own unique AnonymousID by using the event
AnonymousIdentification_Creating from the Global.asax. In the Authors
words you just create the event using the event delegate of type
AnonymousIdentificationEventArgs as listed below.

Public Sub AnonymousIdentification_Creating(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As AnonymousIDentificationEventArgs)

e.AnonymousID = "Bubbles " & DateTime.Now()

End Sub

Then the Author just said that by setting the e.AnonymoudID you can
set your own unique ID vs a GUID.

Here is the QuestionI was able to get the above sub working by placing
it in a Global.asax file. The Author stated that this same sub can be
called from at the page level. How do you do that.?

Evertjan.

duckkiller53 wrote on 07 nov 2009 in
Could someone Please help. I am reading the book Professional ASP.NET

This is a classic asp group.

Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>