    swtiches to implement interrupt driven state machines".

    My state machine may be considered revolting, and I was wondering if anyone
    could point me to state machine example source he was referring to.

    Jamie Risk, Oct 16, 2004

  2. In article <>, "Jamie Risk" <> writes:
    > In Tom's original post (see http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/duffs-device.html)
    > discussing "Duff's Device" he refers to "another revolting way to use
    > swtiches to implement interrupt driven state machines".
    >
    > My state machine may be considered revolting, and I was wondering if anyone
    > could point me to state machine example source he was referring to.

    What Tom actually wrote was "I have another revolting way to use
    switches to implement interrupt driven state machines but it's too
    horrid to go into". I take that to mean that while he had conceived
    of this "revolting" method, and perhaps implemented it somewhere, he
    didn't want to document it for posterity. Considering the
    controversy that Duff's Device caused, and the amount of silly email
    he'd apparently received on the subject, I can't say I blame him.

    In other words, we're probably stuck with guessing, unless someone
    can coax Tom into revealing it.

    (A loop around a switch is a pretty standard way of doing small state
    machines in C, so I imagine Tom's talking about something rather more
    bizarre. If he thinks it's odder than Duff's Device it might be a
    fine spectacle indeed.)

    --
    Michael Wojcik

    Viewers are bugs for famous brands.
    -- unknown subtitler, Jackie Chan's _Thunderbolt_

    Michael Wojcik, Oct 20, 2004