Duke JRE and JDK icons

Roedy Green

Maybe instead of a toolkit, that would disappear on smaller icons, why
not have him hold one or two large tools in his hands (hammer, wrench, a
board of wood etc.).

Too late now. I am getting a woodpecker done next. Perhaps you have
some ideas for it.

http://mindprod.com/image\icon32/unmain.png;

I would like a Vista icon/png files for another icon, a woodpecker.
Here is a rough sketch of him appearing to cling to a vertical
surface.

It needs a complete tail and head and perhaps slightly brighter
colours, transparent background. That little blob to the right in
supposed to represent the feet. He should be a bit taller and thinner
than I have shown. Have a look with google image at some real life
woodpecker photos.

He is the mascot of my unmaintainable code essay.

Roedy Green

Too late now. I am getting a woodpecker done next. Perhaps you have
some ideas for it.

"If engineers built buildings the way computer programmers designed
buildings, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy
civilisation."
~ anonymous

Tim Slattery

Sabine Dinis Blochberger said:
Not much I can add, except I like that you didn't choose the species
that is more like the Disney character.

Woody Woodpecker isn't Disney, he was originated by the late Walter
Lantz, and he blongs to Universal now, I think. He's a pileated
woodpecker.
The way they sit on trees is enough to identify them IMO.

Not to mention their large, bright red crest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pileated-woodpecker-at-suet-log.jpg

Roedy Green

I could pixel (or clean up an image you have) you an icon, depending on
the size you need. Yes, for free <g>.

I have already placed the order for the woodpecker. If you have a
look at the site and see any dodgy icons, please do have a stab at
cleaning them up, or replacing them altogether.

Roedy Green

Woody Woodpecker isn't Disney, he was originated by the late Walter
Lantz, and he blongs to Universal now, I think. He's a pileated
woodpecker.

I don't want to get into any hassles with copyright. I have seen how
Disney is very heavy handed even for completely non-commercial use,
e.g. little kids dressing up in home made costumes in a parade.

I though I suppose some sort of malice in his expression might be
desirable.

Daniele Futtorovic

I don't want to get into any hassles with copyright. I have seen how
Disney is very heavy handed even for completely non-commercial use,
e.g. little kids dressing up in home made costumes in a parade.

I though I suppose some sort of malice in his expression might be
desirable.

Nay, just make him show some skin.