    command in MATLAB?

    Thanks,
    Jon

    Jon Klingensmith, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Greetings.

    In article <>, Jon
    Klingensmith wrote:
    > Does anyone know where to find an implementation in C of the
    > Dulmage-Mendelsohn decomposition of a sparse matrix, like the 'dmperm'
    > command in MATLAB?

    Not here, but the people on comp.sources.wanted or sci.math.num-analysis
    probably do.

    --
    _

    Tristan Miller, Oct 17, 2003

  3. On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Jon Klingensmith wrote:

    > Does anyone know where to find an implementation in C of the
    > Dulmage-Mendelsohn decomposition of a sparse matrix, like the 'dmperm'
    > command in MATLAB?

    This question is fairly off-topic here; a better question would
    have been, "Here's some code that is supposed to find a maximal
    matching in a bipartite graph; why doesn't it work right?"

    Note also that you've really got two questions here: how to perform
    DMD, and how to handle sparse matrices in C. Perhaps some people
    here have had experience with sparse matrices, but I doubt many
    have had occasion to use DMD ::brings foot to neck level in
    preparation:: :)

    Several solutions present themselves immediately:

    'open dmperm' in Matlab; cut and paste; translate into C.

    Use MCC to link your C files with mlfDmperm(); but then
    you'll have to struggle with Matlab's defined types instead
    of simple arrays and whatnot.

    Read Problem 2 in this handout
    http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~fukuda/610A/handouts/assignment2.pdf
    and see if you can follow the algorithm given. That's the
    best thing I could find in five minutes with Google. Requires
    knowledge of some acronyms.

    If all else fails, hire yourself a C programmer to write the
    code for you.

    HTH,
    -Arthur

    Arthur J. O'Dwyer, Oct 17, 2003