Dumb newbie question

John

Hi

When reading the stats for my website I see the following;

Total Hits
Total Files
Total Pages
Total Visits

What is the difference between these four?

Thanks

Regards

Kevin Spencer

It depends on the stats application you're using. "Hits" generally refers to
page hits, or requests, but that could be defined in any number of ways,
depending on the app. "Files" may refer to HTML documents plus other types
of files, such as images, but again, it is ultimately defined by the stats
app. "Pages" may refer to individual page hits (requests), or it could be a
roll-up of all pages requested grouped by page. And "visits" almost always
refers to client sessions.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer