    What is the difference between these four?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Mar 8, 2006

  2. It depends on the stats application you're using. "Hits" generally refers to
    page hits, or requests, but that could be defined in any number of ways,
    depending on the app. "Files" may refer to HTML documents plus other types
    of files, such as images, but again, it is ultimately defined by the stats
    app. "Pages" may refer to individual page hits (requests), or it could be a
    roll-up of all pages requested grouped by page. And "visits" almost always
    refers to client sessions.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer