Dumbo question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by BernieH, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. BernieH

    BernieH Guest

    Can someone please tell me why the following snippet isn't formatting the
    text correctly? I know it must be something really simple, but I seem to
    have a blind spot for it.

    <head>
    <!--
    p {font-style: italic;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 14pt;
    font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
    -->
    </head>

    <P>
    hi

    TIA

    BernieH

    BernieH, Aug 12, 2004

  2. BernieH

    Dan Abrey Guest

    "BernieH" <> wrote in message

    You've missed the ending > off the body tag ;-)

    Dan Abrey, Aug 12, 2004

  3. "BernieH" <> wrote:

    > Can someone please tell me why the following snippet isn't formatting
    > the text correctly?

    It has a syntax error, which you could have found using a validator.

    Besides, formatting some text to a fixed font size (in points) is
    virtually never correct in HTML authoring. Check the
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets FAQ - it explains this.

    Now please tell me what your question about Dumbo, the elephant baby,
    was. I'm disappointed - the Subject line suggested that there might be
    something about that lovely character, instead of boring old HTML.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 12, 2004