Dumbo question

BernieH

Can someone please tell me why the following snippet isn't formatting the
text correctly? I know it must be something really simple, but I seem to
have a blind spot for it.

<head>
<!--
p {font-style: italic;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 14pt;
font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
-->
</head>

<P>
hi

TIA

BernieH

Jukka K. Korpela

BernieH said:
Can someone please tell me why the following snippet isn't formatting
the text correctly?

It has a syntax error, which you could have found using a validator.

Besides, formatting some text to a fixed font size (in points) is
virtually never correct in HTML authoring. Check the
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets FAQ - it explains this.

Now please tell me what your question about Dumbo, the elephant baby,
was. I'm disappointed - the Subject line suggested that there might be
something about that lovely character, instead of boring old HTML.