dump text to excel and CPAN search

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by ngoc, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. ngoc

    ngoc Guest

    Hi
    I want to dump tabular text to excel. I searched CPAN, without success.
    I am not looking for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, but something like

    my $ste = Spreadsheet_To_Excel->new('path/abc.xls');
    $ste->write_to_excel($text);
    $ste->close();

    write_to_excel method will automatic parse text and write it to excel

    Do someone know package that handle it?

    I did not find guide to search at CPAN. Where can I find search rule?
    "text to excel"
    "text" + "to" + "excel"
    "text to spreadsheet"
    "text" + "to" + "spreadsheet"

    give results that do not contain all words I write.

    thanks
    ngoc, Aug 15, 2005

  2. ngoc

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "ngoc" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I want to dump tabular text to excel. I searched CPAN, without success. I
    > am not looking for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, but something like
    >
    > my $ste = Spreadsheet_To_Excel->new('path/abc.xls');
    > $ste->write_to_excel($text);
    > $ste->close();

    Searching on your main keywords (excel, tabular) gave as the second result:

    http://search.cpan.org/~gwyn/Data-Tabular-Dumper-0.02/Dumper.pm

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Aug 15, 2005

  3. ngoc