dump website into an image?

Smokey Grindel

Is there a way to load a site into memory then save the resulting page as an
image? so you can see a thumb of what the site looks like? thanks!

Eliyahu Goldin

I don't think it is possible. You can save the resulting html, but you never
know how exactly a page will look like until it reaches the browser.

Goofy

Pity you cant scale an IFRAME, then it would be easy. The only way I can
think of is that you open a hidden browser window , get the handle to that
window and use the windows API to render the contents of the window to a
bitmap which you would then have to scale and save.

The chances of this being successfull with automatic image reduction is
likely to be poor quality but it might be worth a try.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Smokey Grindel said:
Is there a way to load a site into memory then save the resulting page as
an image? so you can see a thumb of what the site looks like? thanks!

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Smokey said:
Is there a way to load a site into memory then save the resulting page as an
image? so you can see a thumb of what the site looks like? thanks!

There are tools for this. A quick Google search let me find at least one:
http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmltoimage/help.htm

I saw others in the past. The question remaining is: How can you
integrate the tools functionality in your ASP.NET application. I am sure
that you'll find more info about this on Google or maybe CodeProject.

HTH,
Laurent

chrislgibson

There's an open-source command line utility called IECapt for rendering
a web page as an image. You can execute the process from asp.net and
read in the rendered image.

http://iecapt.sourceforge.net/

Chris G
I concur, there are at least a half dozen or more solutions around. Check
out this ActiveX [1] for example.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-88043838&z=17&l=0&m=h

[1] http://www.tonec.com/products/wssh/

Laurent Bugnion said:
Hi,

There are tools for this. A quick Google search let me find at least one:
http://www.guangmingsoft.net/htmltoimage/help.htm

I saw others in the past. The question remaining is: How can you integrate
the tools functionality in your ASP.NET application. I am sure that you'll
find more info about this on Google or maybe CodeProject.

HTH,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft