dumping database

Jo Blow

sorry in addition to my last question,

does anyone know if it's possible for a web service/site to "dump" out a
snapshot of a subset of a database into an instantly produced MS Access
Database?, can automation be used to do this?

Thanks again for any help
ABold

WJ

If you truely want a "centralized" database, then I would suggest MS/SQL
Server 2000 Standard or Oracle. MS/Access is not a multi user Database and
it is just a flat file, not a true RDBMS system, it is meant for desktop
database only, just like dBase and or FoxPro. You can use Asp.Net
application to provide simple and efficient query form against MS/SQL RDBMS.
To Import/Export raw data from one platform to another (ex: MS/SQL to
Access), you may want to develope a Windows Form application or the Data
Transformer availble from MS/SQL Server license, it is excellence tool to
move data around.

John Webb