    Does anybody know anything about this? Does it work? Is it more trouble
    than it's worth?

    The host is not very helpful about anything.

    dancer, Jun 14, 2007

  2. dancer

    Mike Guest

    Did they say why?
    I never used it or heard of it. They won't allow you to SMTP?

    Mike, Jun 14, 2007

  3. dancer

    Mike Guest

    its free so thats a good start.

    http://aspalliance.com/dundas/default.aspx

    I never used it.

    Mike, Jun 14, 2007
  4. re:
    !> its free

    ....which is probably the reason they want to use it.

    <yuk, yuk>

    More seriously, I've heard that mails sent via Dundas to Hotmail accounts are rejected.
    If you're mailing to Hotmail accounts, that might be something to consider.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 14, 2007
  5. dancer

    Mike Guest

    this uses smtp as well. why not just use .NET Web mail?
    you have to use a SMTP server anyway, why put another component in the mix
    of your app?

    Mike, Jun 14, 2007
  6. dancer

    Mark Rae Guest

    "dancer" <> wrote in message

    > My host Bell-south.net (now At&T)wants me to use the Dundas Mailer for
    > sending and receiving e-mail with my asp.net application.
    >
    > The host is not very helpful about anything.

    We seem to be getting more and more of these types of posts...

    Some ISPs seem to forget who the customer is...

    If your ISP doesn't provide you with what you need, find another one -
    there's hundreds, maybe thousands, of them...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, Jun 14, 2007
  7. re:
    !> this uses smtp as well. why not just use .NET Web mail?

    Can they make you stop using .NET web mail ?
    If not, just ignore them.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 14, 2007
  8. dancer

    dancer Guest

    Sorry to be so dumb, but what exactly is NET Web mail?

    dancer, Jun 14, 2007
  9. re:
    !> Sorry to be so dumb, but what exactly is NET Web mail?

    Either :

    System.web.mail ( http://www.systemwebmail.com/ )

    or

    System.net.mail ( http://www.systemnetmail.com/ )