Dundas Mailer

dancer

My host Bell-south.net (now At&T)wants me to use the Dundas Mailer for
sending and receiving e-mail with my asp.net application.

Does anybody know anything about this? Does it work? Is it more trouble
than it's worth?

The host is not very helpful about anything.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> its free

....which is probably the reason they want to use it.

<yuk, yuk>

More seriously, I've heard that mails sent via Dundas to Hotmail accounts are rejected.
If you're mailing to Hotmail accounts, that might be something to consider.

Mike

this uses smtp as well. why not just use .NET Web mail?
you have to use a SMTP server anyway, why put another component in the mix
of your app?

Mark Rae

My host Bell-south.net (now At&T)wants me to use the Dundas Mailer for
sending and receiving e-mail with my asp.net application.

The host is not very helpful about anything.

We seem to be getting more and more of these types of posts...

Some ISPs seem to forget who the customer is...

If your ISP doesn't provide you with what you need, find another one -
there's hundreds, maybe thousands, of them...

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> this uses smtp as well. why not just use .NET Web mail?

Can they make you stop using .NET web mail ?
If not, just ignore them.