Duplicate Namespace Declaration in XML

echoharger

Hello,

I have two XML files. File#1 has a namespace. File#2 does not.
I am storing some XML from File#1 in File#2, therefore, the node has a
namespace attribute.

Later, I remove the node from File#2 and append it back to File#1. The
node keeps it's namespace attribute even though File#1 has a default
namespace of equal value.

The problem is, the software that reads File#1 is refusing to read the
file with the extra namespace tags, even though the tags have the same
value.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get around this problem?
Many Thanks.

Kenneth Stephen

Hello,

I have two XML files. File#1 has a namespace. File#2 does not.
I am storing some XML from File#1 in File#2, therefore, the node has a
namespace attribute.

Later, I remove the node from File#2 and append it back to File#1. The
node keeps it's namespace attribute even though File#1 has a default
namespace of equal value.

The problem is, the software that reads File#1 is refusing to read the
file with the extra namespace tags, even though the tags have the same
value.
Hi,

You need to show us the actual XML snippets for us to be sure, but from
what you say, the XML is conforming to spec and the software is not.

Regards,
Kenneth