DVD Cover Creator

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Hello,

I need to create a cover for my book that sells inside a DVD case. I need
some software (shareware, freeware, etc.) that will help me import a couple
of pictures and type some things. Any ideas?

I have an old version of Adobe that could probably do it. I'm looking for
something better, though.

Can someone tell me the height and width of a DVD case graphic? In other
words, if I want to create a .gif file that is the whole graphic and I don't
want it resized, what should the height and width be?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Sincerely,
Jason

P.S. If someone wishes to create a cover for the 3rd edition of my book, I
will give a free copy of it to the best cover. Here is the link for the
book's site: http://sab.jcsm.org. The 3rd edition will be released on
January 1, 2004, so I still have a little time to create the cover and
accept entries for the best cover.

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Jason said:
[...]

I should add that I'm also seeking a good deal on DVD inserts and covers.
I'm in San Diego and don't mind having them shipped from a domestic company.

JG

William Tasso

Jason said:

I should add that I'm also seeking a good deal on DVD inserts and
covers. I'm in San Diego and don't mind having them shipped from a
domestic company.

They're called jewel cases and you should be able to exchange a few beer
tokens for a shed-load of the things - I suspect you will find that google
is your friend.

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

William said:
They're called jewel cases and you should be able to exchange a few
beer tokens for a shed-load of the things - I suspect you will find
that google is your friend.

I've used google and even downloaded a couple programs like UndercoverXP and
MulticoverPrint. Neither were very good.

JG

Michel

How 'bout

-scanning an original
-crop it in photoshop
-read image properties.

in this case.... a scanner and your old adobe are your friend

regards,

Michel

Richard

Jason said:
I need to create a cover for my book that sells inside a DVD case. I
need
some software (shareware, freeware, etc.) that will help me import a
couple
of pictures and type some things. Any ideas?
I have an old version of Adobe that could probably do it. I'm looking
for
something better, though.
Can someone tell me the height and width of a DVD case graphic? In
other
words, if I want to create a .gif file that is the whole graphic and I
don't
want it resized, what should the height and width be?
Thanks in advance for your time and input.
Sincerely,
Jason

Several of the CD burners will also create the items.
So if you have a good burner, check it and it will create the stuff for you.
Avery has labels you can use as well as the stock for the inserts.
Check out your nearest "Staples". They may also have bulk jewel cases cheap.

http://www.cdromshop.com/cdshop/desc/p.10025215190459.html
http://cd4sale.store.yahoo.com/dvd-cover.html

Hywel Jenkins

Hello,

I need to create a cover for my book that sells inside a DVD case. I need
some software (shareware, freeware, etc.) that will help me import a couple
of pictures and type some things. Any ideas?

How about a more appropriate group? It's unlikely that you'll want to
do it with either HTML or PHP, and why do you want Christian to be
freed? Is he not guilty?

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Thanks for all the input. I simply found a template to use with Microsoft
Word. It did the trick and I've already created a possible DVD cover. If
you are working on one, you may still send your submission.

Sincerely,
Jason

Vic

Jason Gastrich said:
Thanks for all the input. I simply found a template to use with Microsoft
Word. It did the trick and I've already created a possible DVD cover. If
you are working on one, you may still send your submission.

Sincerely,
Jason
Have you tried Nero Cover Designer? Bundled with Nero burning
software........

Skid

Have you tried Nero Cover Designer? Bundled with Nero burning
software........

Beat me to it ;>)

Easy to use, takes seconds to import a scanned cover or create your own from
a template and any imported art you choose. I use it to print labels for my
DVDs onto CD Stomper Label refills using a standard ink-jet printer.

I also use and like the slim jewel cases from Memorex, multiple colors, less
shelf space consumed and they're ultra-cheap in the 100-pack.

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Skid said:
Beat me to it ;>)

Easy to use, takes seconds to import a scanned cover or create your
own from a template and any imported art you choose. I use it to
print labels for my DVDs onto CD Stomper Label refills using a
standard ink-jet printer.

I also use and like the slim jewel cases from Memorex, multiple
colors, less shelf space consumed and they're ultra-cheap in the
100-pack.

Hey,

While the subject came up, where is the best place to get stomper labels?
Matte white. I need a few hundred of them.

JG

Skid

Hey,

While the subject came up, where is the best place to get stomper labels?
Matte white. I need a few hundred of them.

Don't know about best, or cheapest, but you can find them at any Staples or
Office Max.

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.

Skid said:
Don't know about best, or cheapest, but you can find them at any
Staples or Office Max.

Really? Office Depot doesn't have them, so I figured Staples wouldn't,
either.

They have some deals on eBay, so I'll probably look there, again. I've also
had a good experience with Shop4Tech.com.

JG