    DW still has issues with CSS based design!

    also a new improved flash player v7 which has fixed loads of problems :)

    mark

    mark | r, Sep 10, 2003

  2. mark | r

    Gary Guest

    In article <3f5f38f5$0$257$>,
    "mark | r" <> wrote:

    > macromedia have officially launched the 2004 range of MX products.
    > DW still has issues with CSS based design!
    >
    > also a new improved flash player v7 which has fixed loads of problems :)
    >
    > mark

    Hi mark,

    I have been using the present version of DW for CSS work and am doing my
    share of hand coding. Are you saying that you have tried the new DW 2004
    and found that present issues have not been fixed? This program has not
    been released in the US yet, but they are taking orders.

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 10, 2003

  3. > I have been using the present version of DW for CSS work and am doing my
    > share of hand coding. Are you saying that you have tried the new DW 2004
    > and found that present issues have not been fixed?

    For what I've seen from the Macromedia website it seems that many tasks can
    be accomplished with ease.
    For example, now in the insert panel it's available a div object to apply
    CSS and CSS-P directly at the insertion point without the need to use the
    code view and hand code the page.

    > This program has not
    > been released in the US yet, but they are taking orders.

    Not at all Gary, I get an early notification today from Macromedia. All the
    MX 2004 products are now available.

    check the site: www.macromedia.com.

    > Gary

    Are you planning to purchase the 2004 MX release? and which software, only
    Dreamweaver or the complete Studio MX?

    In case of Flash purchase, are you more inclined to buy the standard or the
    professional version?

    cheers

    --
    Davide Montellanico

    P.S. don't worry I'm not a Macromedia dealer ;-)

    Davide Montellanico, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Davide Montellanico, Sep 10, 2003
  5. On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:20:29 -0700, Gary <>
    wrote:

    >In article <3f5f38f5$0$257$>,
    > "mark | r" <> wrote:
    >
    >> macromedia have officially launched the 2004 range of MX products.
    >> DW still has issues with CSS based design!

    Word to the wise: Don't use Dreamweaver for creating your stylesheets.
    Instead, I'd recommend using TopStyle. It does a much better job.

    Details at:

    http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/index.asp

    Martha Retallick

    Grow your design business with direct mail postcards!
    It's easy, affordable, and FUN! Learn how at:
    http://www.PostcardMarketingSecrets.com

    Martha J. Retallick, Sep 10, 2003
  6. >
    > Word to the wise: Don't use Dreamweaver for creating your stylesheets.
    > Instead, I'd recommend using TopStyle. It does a much better job.

    Agreed. I really love TopStyle Pro at the moment... pretty good concepts
    too as far as using standardised code goes. It's also good to know what CSS
    properties work in different browsers without having to scour the net.

    Nick.

    e n | c k m a, Sep 11, 2003
  7. mark | r

    Gary Guest

    In article <eyL7b.43220$>,
    "Davide Montellanico" <> wrote:

    > For what I've seen from the Macromedia website it seems that many tasks can
    > be accomplished with ease.
    > For example, now in the insert panel it's available a div object to apply
    > CSS and CSS-P directly at the insertion point without the need to use the
    > code view and hand code the page.

    [snip]

    Yeah, that's been a real confusing pisser in previous versions! Good
    deal.

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 11, 2003
  8. mark | r

    SamMan Guest

    While DMX does a lot better than DW4 used to, I had started using TopStyle
    at work and now use it at home too. It has a slightly better interface, but
    in a pinch, I have no problem working with DMX's style editor.

    In DMX, you can set it to use any external editor. I'd think with DMX2004
    you can do the same.

    Sam

    SamMan, Sep 11, 2003