DW MX 2004 LAUNCHED!

mark | r

macromedia have officially launched the 2004 range of MX products.
DW still has issues with CSS based design!

also a new improved flash player v7 which has fixed loads of problems :)

mark

Gary

mark | r said:
macromedia have officially launched the 2004 range of MX products.
DW still has issues with CSS based design!

also a new improved flash player v7 which has fixed loads of problems :)

mark
Hi mark,

I have been using the present version of DW for CSS work and am doing my
share of hand coding. Are you saying that you have tried the new DW 2004
and found that present issues have not been fixed? This program has not
been released in the US yet, but they are taking orders.

Gary

Davide Montellanico

I have been using the present version of DW for CSS work and am doing my
share of hand coding. Are you saying that you have tried the new DW 2004
and found that present issues have not been fixed?

For what I've seen from the Macromedia website it seems that many tasks can
be accomplished with ease.
For example, now in the insert panel it's available a div object to apply
CSS and CSS-P directly at the insertion point without the need to use the
code view and hand code the page.
This program has not
been released in the US yet, but they are taking orders.

Not at all Gary, I get an early notification today from Macromedia. All the
MX 2004 products are now available.

check the site: www.macromedia.com.

Are you planning to purchase the 2004 MX release? and which software, only
Dreamweaver or the complete Studio MX?

In case of Flash purchase, are you more inclined to buy the standard or the
professional version?

cheers

e n | c k m a

Word to the wise: Don't use Dreamweaver for creating your stylesheets.
Instead, I'd recommend using TopStyle. It does a much better job.

Agreed. I really love TopStyle Pro at the moment... pretty good concepts
too as far as using standardised code goes. It's also good to know what CSS
properties work in different browsers without having to scour the net.

Nick.

Gary

Davide Montellanico said:
For what I've seen from the Macromedia website it seems that many tasks can
be accomplished with ease.
For example, now in the insert panel it's available a div object to apply
CSS and CSS-P directly at the insertion point without the need to use the
code view and hand code the page.
[snip]

Yeah, that's been a real confusing pisser in previous versions! Good
deal.

Gary

SamMan

While DMX does a lot better than DW4 used to, I had started using TopStyle
at work and now use it at home too. It has a slightly better interface, but
in a pinch, I have no problem working with DMX's style editor.

In DMX, you can set it to use any external editor. I'd think with DMX2004
you can do the same.

Sam