DWORD and bool to binary

ahso

Hi
any ideas on what to change?

if (ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat.dwFourCC == FOURCC_DXT1)
{
etc.
I get: "invalid operands of types ‘DWORD’ and ‘bool’ to binary
‘operator|’"
Many thanks
Michael Sgier

Fred Zwarts

ahso said:
Hi
any ideas on what to change?

if (ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat.dwFourCC == FOURCC_DXT1)
{
etc.
I get: "invalid operands of types ‘DWORD’ and ‘bool’ to binary
‘operator|’"
Many thanks
Michael Sgier

You did not supply enough information.
Please, reduce your problem to a minimal program that can be compiled,
so that we can help you.
How should we know what ddsd is? etc.
The error message suggest that a bool type and a DWORD type are involved.
The fact that FOURCC_DXT1 is all uppercase, suggests that it is a preprocessor macro.
Probably there is an error in this macro, or it is use incorrectly.

ahso

Hi Fred

// To avoid having to include DirectX headers in the FlyLegacy
development environment,
// the DDSURFACEDESC2 struct definition is copied here from ddraw.h
//
#ifndef MAKEFOURCC
#define MAKEFOURCC(ch0, ch1, ch2,
ch3) \
((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch0) | ((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch1) < 8) | \
((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch2) < 16) | ((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch3) <
24 ))
#endif //defined(MAKEFOURCC)

/*
* FOURCC codes for DX compressed-texture pixel formats
*/
#define FOURCC_DXT1 (MAKEFOURCC('D','X','T','1'))
#define FOURCC_DXT2 (MAKEFOURCC('D','X','T','2'))
#define FOURCC_DXT3 (MAKEFOURCC('D','X','T','3'))
#define FOURCC_DXT4 (MAKEFOURCC('D','X','T','4'))
#define FOURCC_DXT5 (MAKEFOURCC('D','X','T','5'))

// Read surface descriptor and set relevant class data members
UINT8 factor = 0;
DDSURFACEDESC2 ddsd;
pread (&ddsd, sizeof(ddsd), 1, p);
mipCount = ddsd.dwMipMapCount;
width = ddsd.dwWidth;
height = ddsd.dwHeight;

switch (ddsd.ddpfPixelFormat.dwFourCC)
{
case FOURCC_DXT1:
if (ddsd.dwAlphaBitDepth > 0) {
format = GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA_S3TC_DXT1_EXT;
} else {
format = GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_S3TC_DXT1_EXT;
}
factor = 2;
break;
case FOURCC_DXT3:
etc.

I reverted to the original switch and get that error now:

.../Utility/ImageDXT.cpp:220: error: duplicate case value
.../Utility/ImageDXT.cpp:212: error: previously used here

Line 212 is the above line with the first case command

Many thanks
Michael

Balog Pal

ahso said:
// To avoid having to include DirectX headers in the FlyLegacy
development environment,
// the DDSURFACEDESC2 struct definition is copied here from ddraw.h
//
#ifndef MAKEFOURCC
#define MAKEFOURCC(ch0, ch1, ch2,
ch3) \
((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch0) | ((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch1) < 8) | \
((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch2) < 16) | ((DWORD)(BYTE)(ch3) <
24 ))
#endif //defined(MAKEFOURCC)

this is nonsense, < should definitely be << and if this is wrong anything
else can be too. probably this is abandoned code never compiled with that
conditional.

ahso

Maybe I did something wrong below? I try to compile that on Linux so I
used typedef.

typedef int DWORD;
typedef unsigned int WORD;
typedef long int LONG;
typedef int BYTE;
typedef bool LPVOID;

ahso

Hi Balog
true I changed << to < as i got an error about not integer or so. It
compiles on Windows but I want to
compile it for Linux so I used:

typedef int DWORD;
typedef unsigned int WORD;
typedef long int LONG;
typedef int BYTE;
typedef bool LPVOID;

Maybe there's something wrong. I didn't try such before.
Many thanks
Michael

mikethebike

Balog did u mark me as spam? I had to login as another user for
replying.

Yes I changed << to < as i got some integer error. And yes it compile
on Windows but i want to compile on Linux.
Maybe I made a fault with typedef? Never used that before

typedef int DWORD;
typedef unsigned int WORD;
typedef long int LONG;
typedef int BYTE;
typedef bool LPVOID;

[...]

Richard Herring

In message
Balog did u mark me as spam? I had to login as another user for
replying.

Yes I changed << to < as i got some integer error. And yes it compile
on Windows but i want to compile on Linux.
Maybe I made a fault with typedef? Never used that before

typedef int DWORD;
typedef unsigned int WORD;
typedef long int LONG;
typedef int BYTE;
typedef bool LPVOID;

Trying to make faulty code compile by a sequence of random changes is
not an effective strategy.

*Why* are you inserting random (and almost certainly incorrect - naively
I'd expect DWORD to be Double the length of WORD, and LPVOID to be some
kind of Pointer to VOID) typedefs named to look like macros?

The code was written for an environment which presumably already defines
these symbols, so what is preventing you from compiling it in that
environment? If you're trying to port Windows-specific (and
library-specific) code to a different platform without fully
understanding the differences between platforms, no amount of random
tinkering is likely to succeed.

Richard

ahso <[email protected]> spake the secret code
typedef int DWORD;
typedef unsigned int WORD;
typedef long int LONG;
typedef int BYTE;
typedef bool LPVOID;

*none* of these typedefs are correct, however.