    there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?
    thank you!

    , Jan 2, 2007

  2. Rolf Magnus Guest

    wrote:

    > DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
    > there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?

    Microsoft likes to give existing things new names.

    Rolf Magnus, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Ondra Holub Guest

    napsal:
    > DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
    > there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?
    > thank you!

    Such type should be used as parameter for all functions which accept
    it.

    Why? You should ask on some MFC forum.

    >From my experiences the biggest challenge in process of designing any

    library is to provide new integer types, although it is usually
    absolutely unnecessary (exception may be processing of some binary
    data). Such types aren't usually placed in any project/library specific
    namespace, so it usualy contains some prefixes to distinguish library
    32-bit integer from other 32-bit integers (like ABCv37_INT32).

    >From my point of view it is in 95% of cases nonsense, but it is real

    situation and we have to live with it.

    Ondra Holub, Jan 2, 2007
  4. bjeremy Guest

    wrote:
    > DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
    > there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?
    > thank you!

    Microsoft decided it was too easy to write portable code, so it helped
    us out by renaming all the primitives...

    bjeremy, Jan 2, 2007