DWORD BYTE

lovesehuang

DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?
thank you!

Rolf Magnus

DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?

Microsoft likes to give existing things new names.

Ondra Holub

(e-mail address removed) napsal:
DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?
thank you!

Such type should be used as parameter for all functions which accept
it.

Why? You should ask on some MFC forum.
From my experiences the biggest challenge in process of designing any
library is to provide new integer types, although it is usually
absolutely unnecessary (exception may be processing of some binary
data). Such types aren't usually placed in any project/library specific
namespace, so it usualy contains some prefixes to distinguish library
32-bit integer from other 32-bit integers (like ABCv37_INT32).
From my point of view it is in 95% of cases nonsense, but it is real
situation and we have to live with it.

bjeremy

DWORD BYTE in MFC programming,when we will use the type?
there have char * and long int ,why do we need them?
thank you!

Microsoft decided it was too easy to write portable code, so it helped
us out by renaming all the primitives...