DynaLoader.pm line 230 my perl module is permission deniedâ€

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Joe Young, Jul 28, 2011.

  1. Joe Young

    Joe Young Guest

    How do DynaLoader.pm line 230 permission errors happen?
    Below is line 230 from Dynaloader.pm
    my $libref = dl_load_file($file, $module->dl_load_flags) or
    croak("Can't load '$file' for module $module: ".dl_error());

    I've installed DBD::Oracle but can't load it with permission denied.
    I've tried reinstalling it. CPAN doesn't seem that geared up for
    reinstalling things. (It's a bit messy.)

    Not surprisingly running perl cpan as root so the file
    /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/
    Oracle.so is owned root:root
    as are all my other cpan modules.

    [Thu Jul 21 13:14:45 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.101]
    \tinstall_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/perl5/site_perl/
    5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module
    DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /export/home/oracle/oracle/product/
    10.2.0/db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1: Permission denied at /usr/
    perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm line 230., referer:
    http://192.168.1.130/Wood-Recycling/add-new-customer.html

    It's not the file itself because I've overwritten it with another file
    of the same name and the error is the same. It's not the directory
    that it's in because I have another localzone with the same file in it
    and the same file and directory permissions and that one works just
    fine!

    Joe Young, Jul 28, 2011

  2. Joe Young

    J. Gleixner Guest

    On 07/28/11 16:13, Joe Young wrote:
    > How do DynaLoader.pm line 230 permission errors happen?

    [...]

    How many times are you going to post this???

    This is a permission issue... Nothing special about DynaLoader.

    > I've installed DBD::Oracle but can't load it with permission denied.
    > I've tried reinstalling it. CPAN doesn't seem that geared up for
    > reinstalling things. (It's a bit messy.)

    Using 'force' should be more than enough. Not 'messy' at all.

    man CPAN

    > Not surprisingly running perl cpan as root so the file
    > /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/
    > Oracle.so is owned root:root

    Check the permissions on the file and directory to make sure
    everyone can read the file and execute the directories. Possibly
    root's umask is more restrictive than you think.

    As a user, other than root, cd to that directory.. if that fails,
    check permissions on each directory leading to it.

    J. Gleixner, Jul 28, 2011