DynaLoader.pm line 230 my perl module is permission deniedâ€

Joe Young

How do DynaLoader.pm line 230 permission errors happen?
Below is line 230 from Dynaloader.pm
my $libref = dl_load_file($file, $module->dl_load_flags) or
croak("Can't load '$file' for module $module: ".dl_error());

I've installed DBD::Oracle but can't load it with permission denied.
I've tried reinstalling it. CPAN doesn't seem that geared up for
reinstalling things. (It's a bit messy.)

Not surprisingly running perl cpan as root so the file
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/
Oracle.so is owned root:root
as are all my other cpan modules.

[Thu Jul 21 13:14:45 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.101]
\tinstall_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load '/usr/perl5/site_perl/
5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module
DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /export/home/oracle/oracle/product/
10.2.0/db_1/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1: Permission denied at /usr/
perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm line 230., referer:
http://192.168.1.130/Wood-Recycling/add-new-customer.html

It's not the file itself because I've overwritten it with another file
of the same name and the error is the same. It's not the directory
that it's in because I have another localzone with the same file in it
and the same file and directory permissions and that one works just
fine!

J. Gleixner

How do DynaLoader.pm line 230 permission errors happen?
[...]

How many times are you going to post this???

This is a permission issue... Nothing special about DynaLoader.
I've installed DBD::Oracle but can't load it with permission denied.
I've tried reinstalling it. CPAN doesn't seem that geared up for
reinstalling things. (It's a bit messy.)

Using 'force' should be more than enough. Not 'messy' at all.

man CPAN
Not surprisingly running perl cpan as root so the file
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i86pc-solaris-64int/auto/DBD/Oracle/
Oracle.so is owned root:root

Check the permissions on the file and directory to make sure
everyone can read the file and execute the directories. Possibly
root's umask is more restrictive than you think.

As a user, other than root, cd to that directory.. if that fails,
check permissions on each directory leading to it.