    error detection in C++ and JAVA.

    Thanks,
    Vipin
    vipindeep, Oct 25, 2004

  2. vipindeep

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 25 Oct 2004 02:38:18 -0700, (vipindeep) wrote
    in comp.lang.c:

    > Dear reader,
    >
    > Are there any widely used dynamic analysis tools which are used for
    > detecting errors in programming, for example null dereferences,
    > deadlocks, etc..
    >
    > Some of the tools which I could know are Daikon, *J, MAc JAVA, Delta
    > Debuggers. Infact all these tools provide runtime information. Are
    > there any tools like Purify (in C for memory based errors, array out
    > of bounds etc).
    >
    > Can any one give information regarding the runtime analysis tools for
    > error detection in C++ and JAVA.

    Your question seems to be about C++ and Java. Why are you asking in
    comp.lang.c? Both of these languages are off-topic here.

    And in general, tools of the type you ask about are not topical
    either, regardless of the language. They are not defined by the
    language standard.

    I would suggest you try the groups news:comp.programming and

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Oct 26, 2004