    c-> 4 5 5 6 0 0 0

    thanks a lot
    , Sep 29, 2006

  2. Chris Brat Guest

    Hi,

    This will do what you describe but why do you want to?
    What are you trying to achieve?

    Regards,
    Chris

    import java.util.Arrays;
    import java.util.Vector;

    public class A {

    public static void main(String[] args){
    Vector[] vector = new Vector[10];
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
    vector = new Vector();
    }

    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
    vector.add(String.valueOf(i));
    }

    System.out.println(Arrays.toString(vector));
    Chris Brat, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Chris Brat Guest

    If you would like the number of vectors to be dynamic i.e. the size of
    the array

    Chris
    Chris Brat, Sep 29, 2006

    Thanks, Chris. What I want is dynamic array of vectors, i.e. vectors of
    vectors (or maybe more effiecient data structure).
    The reason is I want to store data in 2d data structure but I do not
    size of any dimension
    Chris Brat wrote:
    > If you would like the number of vectors to be dynamic i.e. the size of
    > the array
    >
    > Chris
    , Sep 29, 2006
  5. Chris Brat Guest

    Unless you need the data structure to be synchronized between threads
    rather use an ArrayLists instead of a Vectors as Vectors are
    synchronized.

    This code should do what you are describing but I dont think its a good
    idea - very clunky and possibly error prone.

    import java.util.ArrayList;
    import java.util.List;

    public class A {

    public static void main(String[] args){
    List list = new ArrayList();
    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
    list.add(new ArrayList());
    }

    for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++){
    ((List)list.get(i)).add(String.valueOf(i));
    }

    System.out.println(list);

    How do you want to process the data stored in this structure? Do you
    want to iterate over entire rows/columns or select individual items at
    particular indexes [x,y] ?

    If the latter then take a look at the MultiKeyMap in the commons
    collections libs.

    Chris
    Chris Brat, Sep 29, 2006
  6. Deniz Dogan Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > How can I implement a one dimentional array,s.t. each cell of array is
    > a vector.
    > e.g.
    >
    > a-> 1 2 3
    > b-> 3 4 5 7 8
    > c-> 4 5 5 6 0 0 0
    >
    > thanks a lot

    I can't help but think that the question that you ask is part of school
    work that should be done by you and no one else. I don't know the
    general ethics of this newsgroup, but a lot of Java IRC channels don't
    complete school work for you, for your own good.
    This is a very simple and basic question that you surely would be able
    to answer if you knew the least bit about Java programming and that's
    why I'm being so suspicious.
    Deniz Dogan, Sep 29, 2006

    No. This is not part of my school homework.
    Deniz Dogan wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > How can I implement a one dimentional array,s.t. each cell of array is
    > > a vector.
    > > e.g.
    > >
    > > a-> 1 2 3
    > > b-> 3 4 5 7 8
    > > c-> 4 5 5 6 0 0 0
    > >
    > > thanks a lot

    > I can't help but think that the question that you ask is part of school
    > work that should be done by you and no one else. I don't know the
    > general ethics of this newsgroup, but a lot of Java IRC channels don't
    > complete school work for you, for your own good.
    > This is a very simple and basic question that you surely would be able
    > to answer if you knew the least bit about Java programming and that's
    > why I'm being so suspicious.
    , Sep 29, 2006
  8. Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <>,
    ('') wrote:

    > No. This is not part of my school homework.
    > Deniz Dogan wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Hi All,
    >> >
    >> > How can I implement a one dimentional array,s.t. each cell of array is
    >> > a vector.
    >> > e.g.
    >> >
    >> > a-> 1 2 3
    >> > b-> 3 4 5 7 8
    >> > c-> 4 5 5 6 0 0 0
    >> >
    >> > thanks a lot

    >> I can't help but think that the question that you ask is part of school
    >> work that should be done by you and no one else. I don't know the
    >> general ethics of this newsgroup, but a lot of Java IRC channels don't
    >> complete school work for you, for your own good.
    >> This is a very simple and basic question that you surely would be able
    >> to answer if you knew the least bit about Java programming and that's
    >> why I'm being so suspicious.

    Well, I wouldn't do it like that. If you want to have it grow dynamically
    then a vector or list of vectors would suit you better. If you do want to
    define an array of vectors, then it's defined just like any other array.

    A message from our sponsor: This site is now in free fall
    Simon Brooke, Sep 29, 2006
  9. AlyBrat

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    hey chris im aly im ur second cuz im doing a paper on ui and the brats and i need u 2 send me some pics and im not lying im ur 2nd cuz on mikes side remember my mom julie baby sat u when u came when u were likle 11? ok send me some info and pics thanks!! alyb.
    AlyBrat, Apr 13, 2009