dynamic back link

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by emorgoch, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. emorgoch

    emorgoch Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm trying to figure out how to create myself a "Back" link in a
    ASP.NET 2.0 application that will handle my cases. What I have is a
    page that has multiple pages that it can be entered from, and will have
    internal post-backs as well (rendering the option to use the browsers
    back option useless).

    For example, my target page may be a page containing details about a
    product. The page can be loaded either from a list of results from a
    product search, or opened from a user clicking on that product from a
    list of products in sales order, etc.

    What I need is to be able to figure out how to get the user back to the
    page that they came from, and restore the state that previous page was
    in when they left (i.e. the list of search results and search
    conditions are still visible).

    Any suggestions on where I can start with this?

    emorgoch, Nov 9, 2006

  2. You may want to look into using the new SiteMapPath control.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x20z8c51.aspx

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=, Nov 9, 2006

  3. emorgoch

    seigo Guest

    Hi,

    I think you can create a simple module which will save current and
    previous URLs in the session. So you will know from which URL user came
    to the current page and can redirect him back.

    Alexander Kleshchevnikov
    www.klalex.com

    """emorgoch ÐÉÓÁÌ(Á):
    """