Dynamic banners

Ian

Hi
Don't know much about server technology but just wondered if this was
possible with normal html or maybe even a little java script.

Basically i have a slot on my site for one banner.
Now for every day of the week i want a new banner to be populated in
that slot.

Is there any script or trick that will allow this process to be
automated, so that at the the start of a new day a new banner is
loaded in place, instead of having to manually upload the new banners
each day??????

Any tips would be great

brucie

Basically i have a slot on my site for one banner. Now for every day of the
week i want a new banner to be populated in that slot.

a simple bit of scripting to select a file by day of week.
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Ad_Management/index.html

so that at the the start of a new day a new banner is
loaded in place, instead of having to manually upload the new banners
each day??????

your banner supplier should already have different options you can use
to display adds.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) (Ian) writing
in
can anyone help with this???

What? You didn't like brucie's answer?

It is not possible to automate something like this with plain HTML. The
other possibility is javascript, but then that would depend on the user
having javascript enabled.

The best way to do this is with server side script. Check the link that
brucie gave you, and then if you have more questions, come back.