    loaded in place, instead of having to manually upload the new banners
    each day??????

    Any tips would be great
    Ian, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Ian

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Ian said...

    > Basically i have a slot on my site for one banner. Now for every day of the
    > week i want a new banner to be populated in that slot.

    a simple bit of scripting to select a file by day of week.

    http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Ad_Management/index.html

    > so that at the the start of a new day a new banner is
    > loaded in place, instead of having to manually upload the new banners
    > each day??????

    your banner supplier should already have different options you can use
    to display adds.

    --
    01/October/2003 10:04:56 pm
    brucie, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Ian

    Ian Guest

    can anyone help with this???
    Ian, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Ian

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (Ian) writing
    in news::

    > can anyone help with this???

    What? You didn't like brucie's answer?

    It is not possible to automate something like this with plain HTML. The
    other possibility is javascript, but then that would depend on the user
    having javascript enabled.

    The best way to do this is with server side script. Check the link that
    brucie gave you, and then if you have more questions, come back.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Ian

    Ian Guest

    A little confused????????????

    Who is brucie, and where is this link you mention???
    Ian, Oct 3, 2003
  6. Ian

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Ian wrote:

    > A little confused????????????
    >
    > Who is brucie, and where is this link you mention???

    brucie replied to your post. He gave you a link to
    <url:http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Ad_Management/index.html>
    as well as a bunch of other useful information.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Oct 3, 2003