'Dynamic' Bookmark Javascript

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by timlbg@gmail.com, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I work on a dynamic website and need to include code into our template
    to allow a user to bookmark the page they are currently on. Each
    'dynamic' page pulls from the template and I don't want to do a static
    bookmark script that will be generic. I want it to be specific to each
    unique page (Url and title). It also needs to work on both IE and
    Mozilla based browsers. I would like to do this with traditional
    javascript.

    Here's what I've got so far:

    <script type="text/javascript">

    function bookmark(){
    var title = document.title;
    var utl = location.href;
    if (document.all)
    window.external.AddFavorite(url, title);
    else if (window.sidebar)
    window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url, "")
    }

    </script>