Dynamic calculations in a GridView

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by C, Oct 3, 2007.

  1. C

    C Guest

    Hi,

    I am posting this on the aspnet.webcontrols board as someone may have done
    something similar.

    I have a series of Database tables which hold various fields and details of
    how they are calculated.

    I take these details and bind them to a Gridview with a Description of each
    item and a textbox so the user can input some integer value.

    On the server side in my C# code I do some calculations dynamically.

    I want to do these dynamically also on the client side in JavaScript. My
    questions are as follows:
    1 To do this I need to push out my database details of how the fields are
    calculated on the client. I get back a collection of ojects in my c# code
    where each object has an id and details of the calculation for each field.
    How can I stored this on the form so I can get a handle on it in my
    JavaScript?
    2 I need to be able to get the id from my GridView so I can do my
    calculations. I have this in my GridView but I don't want to display this on
    the UI so I have set the BoundColumn to be not visible. As a result it does
    not get rendered so I cannot get a handle on it.

    Any advice on above would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance,
    C.
    C, Oct 3, 2007