    Any help will do.
    Thank you all in advance!

    - Eyal.
    Eyal, Feb 7, 2005

  2. The chart can source its data directly from a pivot table because the pivot
    table implements idatasource. Just set the datasource property to the pivot
    table list object. You need to make sure that the pivot table is located on
    the same domain otherwise the load will fail.

    > I'm not looking to genorate a static gif/jpg with a result from the
    > server..
    > I'm actually looking to have the Chart reflect direct responses from the
    > OWC11 PivotTable on my web page.

    I don't know what you mean by this. If you are referring to interactivity,
    you will need to make sure that the user has a valid run-time license

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Now Available @ http://tinyurl.com/27cok

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 8, 2005

  3. Eyal

    Eyal Zinder Guest

    Alvin,

    Thank you for your help.

    Can you direct me to a sample script that shows how to implement the
    two?

    Eyal Zinder, Feb 8, 2005
  4. From page 138 of the Office Web Components Black Blook with .NET

    Let us examine the code to load data from a Pivot Table.

    Code-listing 4.12 Sample code to bind to a Pivot Table

    C# snippet

    ChartSpace1.DataSource = pivottable1.

    SetData(ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)

    ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataBound,

    pivottable1.ActiveView.ColumnAxis.FieldSets("Vehicle").Fields("Year"));

    pivottable1.SetData(ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimValues, (int)

    ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataBound

    pivottable1.ActiveView.ColumnAxis.FieldSets("Vehicle").Fields("Model"));

    VB.NET snippet

    ChartSpace1.DataSource = pivottable1

    SetData(ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, CType

    (ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataBound,

    pivottable1.ActiveView.ColumnAxis.FieldSets("Vehicle").Fields("Year"),
    Integer))

    pivottable1.SetData(ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimValues,CType

    Now Available @ http://www.lulu.com/owc

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 10, 2005