Dynamic Controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jim Heavey, May 10, 2004.

  1. Jim Heavey

    Jim Heavey Guest

    I have to build a table control dynamically. This table control has 4
    distinct sections. Each section, I want to embed a datalist control
    immediately after each "disctinct" section, but I want it to look like it
    was all a single table.

    I was thinking that I could place the table control on the form followed by
    4 Datarows which would contain each of the required datalist which I
    ultimatedly want to show immediately after each section break.

    The information which is contained in the datalist, can change, but the
    information which in in the rows preceeding it does not.

    So I was wanting to build an array of 4 sets of datarows which I will
    dynmically add to the existing table control, but how do I add them such
    they in the propert order?

    My thinking on this is that since State is not maintained for controls
    which are dynamic - I would like the system to keep track of state for the
    datalist controls while all of the other table rows, once built do not
    change, it would be easy for me to store their state off in the Viewstate
    and restore it back when the page is resposted.

    Can I do something like this? Can I change the order in which rows will
    appear in the existing table control and the system will still maintain
    state for those rows correctly?

    YOur comments and suggestions would be greately appeciatated!!!!!!!
    Jim Heavey, May 10, 2004