Dynamic DataGrid Columns and ViewState

James

I have a DataGrid control. I bind it on the initial loading of the page.
It has auto-generated columns, they aren't explicitly defined. On the bind,
I'm adding a dropdownlist to every column that's generated, in the footer
dynamically.

When I post back, I'm trying it iterate through all of the columns and
access the dropdownlists that I added dynamically. I'm having trouble doing
this because the columns collection is empty. I've seen articles on adding
this into the viewstate but I'm not sure if that's necessary. Is there a
common solution to this? Just want to make sure I'm going down the right
path.

Thanks