dynamic discovery of new jar files

John O'Conner

Hi all,

I want to create an application that can discover new jar files that
are placed in a specific location relative to the application's root
directory or jar location. The new jar files will provide new data for
the application, and the app needs to discover this in some reliable
predetermined amount of time.

I realize that I could restart the application after placing the new
jar files in the CLASSPATH, but this is undesirable since I want to
the application to remain active without any downtime. So, what do I
need to do to make my application dynamically discover new jar files
that have been added?

Thanks much,
John O'Conner

Thomas Schodt

(e-mail address removed) (John O'Conner) wrote in
I want to create an application that can discover new jar files
that are placed in a specific location

the app needs to discover this in some reliable
predetermined amount of time.

I want the application to remain active without any downtime.

Timing - dunno.

Parsing a dirctory; java.io.File
jar and zip files; java.util.zip

URLClassLoader allows you to load a class "on the fly".
Reflection allows you to use it.