dynamic drop down menu...

firstcustomer

Ok, it seems that I'm not going to get any help here with this, which
is a shame because the group has always been very helpful in the past.

Thanks anyways, I'll post back if I manage to find a solution elswhere
because I know it can be done.

Cheers fellas, Neil.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Hi fellas,

I need some help with something if you'd be so kind!

I'm creating a knowledgebase site at my workplace, and I'm kinda
limited as to resources (in terms of technology) because we are running
Win2K. I don't have access to a web server for this, so its more or
less just HTML and JavaScript.

I'm wanting to do the following:

There is a drop down menu, which loads up another drop down menu
(preferably in the same page) depending on the answer.

Let me demonstrate:

The user is faced with a question:

What OS is the customer using?
* XP
* Linux

Now, when the user selects one, another question and drop down appears
BELOW this, something like:

Is it:
* XP Pro
* XP Home

etc etc, until the users has answered sufficient questions to be able
to give them a page detailing how to fix the problem.

Also, it would be best if the drop downs are stored in different files,
as there will be some cross references.

Btw, the drop dowen menu that I mean is just the normal, bog-standard
HTML drop down menu (like in a form!).

TIA, Neil

Hi, Neil, I feel for your situation... you might get a little more help
over in comp.lang.javascript