dynamic drop downlists in an editable dynamic datagrid.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by mkhans@gmail.com, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    How would we address a situation where we have to put dynamic drop
    downlists in an editable dynamic datagrid.

    So the scenario is to populate a datagrid dynamically based on the
    provided dataset.

    As an example, lets say based on a parameter value there are 2 datasets
    (with different fields/columns) either of which can be used to populate
    that editable dynamic datagrid.

    Depending on which dataset is provided there can be drop downlists
    within the datagrid. Lets say for dataset1 we have 2 drop columns that
    need to be shown as drop downlists within the datagrid. One of the
    dropdown is populated based on the 'SelectedIndexChange' event of the
    first dropdown.

    So we have a situation where we have a datagrid which can be populated
    dynamically by different datasets. Based on the dataset which populates
    the datagrid we can have multiple dropdown lists within the datagrid.
    Those dropdwonlists are dynamic themself, and one list is populated
    based on the selection made in the other dropdwonlist.

    Any example, code samples, guidance is highly appreicated.

    TIA.
    , Jun 22, 2005