Dynamic form

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dada, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. Dada

    Dada Guest

    I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
    form. I need some dynamic features for it.
    The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
    disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
    Example.
    4) Do you like this? YES - NO
    if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
    you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
    for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
    purpose.
    The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
    BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
    Example

    8) Can you tell me something about New York?
    If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
    where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
    should be blocked.

    I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.

    The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
    Internet Explore?

    Thanks

    Dada, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Dada

    Jim Higson Guest

    Dada wrote:

    > I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
    > form. I need some dynamic features for it.
    > The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
    > disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
    > Example.
    > 4) Do you like this? YES - NO
    > if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
    > you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
    > for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
    > purpose.
    > The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
    > BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
    > Example
    >
    > 8) Can you tell me something about New York?
    > If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
    > where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
    > should be blocked.
    >
    > I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.

    Use some javascript DOM and set element.style.display = "none" for the bits
    you want to hide. This should be pretty easy to research.

    > The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
    > Internet Explore?

    Only if *very* badly coded. Mozilla is best for this kind of work because
    their DOM inspector can be used to examine pages in a lot more detail with
    IE, where all you can really do is try to guess why stuffs rendered like it
    is.

    Jim Higson, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Dada

    code_wrong Guest

    "Dada" <> wrote in message
    >I am developing an homepage and I need to create a very detailed
    > form. I need some dynamic features for it.
    > The first one should make possible to make a question to appear or
    > disappear, depending on what you have answered to the previous one.
    > Example.
    > 4) Do you like this? YES - NO
    > if you select NO question number 5) should dissappear, otherwise, if
    > you select YES nothing should happen. The only thing I have found it's
    > for CHECKBOXES and not RATIO BUTTONS. And it isn't good for my
    > purpose.
    > The second thing I should create is a connection between two RATIO
    > BUTTONS and a TEXT FIELD
    > Example
    >
    > 8) Can you tell me something about New York?
    > If you select the YES Ratio Button it should activate a text field
    > where to write your answer; if you select the NO button the text field
    > should be blocked.
    >
    > I wish someone of you could help me to make that things work.
    >
    > The very last question: this kind of scripts would work only with
    > Internet Explore?

    look here:
    http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/dynamicforms.html
    I have not investigated it but on skimming over it .. it looks like
    what you want
    regards,
    cw

    code_wrong, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Dada

    Dada Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:16:36 +0100, "code_wrong" <>
    wrote:

    Thanks a lot! This site is a great help.
    Er...i know I am a little off topic, but do you know what kind of
    limits on mail forms I should have if I subscribe a free formmail
    service?
    I subscribed http://www.mailmyform.com and it isn't really clear about
    the amount of form per mounth (or day) you can receive, etc.
    I know this isn't really the right newsgroup, but maybe you can help
    me.
    Thanks

    Dada, Sep 16, 2005
  5. Dada

    code_wrong Guest

    "Dada" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:16:36 +0100, "code_wrong" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Thanks a lot! This site is a great help.
    > Er...i know I am a little off topic, but do you know what kind of
    > limits on mail forms I should have if I subscribe a free formmail
    > service?
    > I subscribed http://www.mailmyform.com and it isn't really clear about
    > the amount of form per mounth (or day) you can receive, etc.
    > I know this isn't really the right newsgroup, but maybe you can help
    > me.
    > Thanks

    This particular service does not appear to be capped however they state
    something (vague) about acceptable use in their terms and conditions
    http://www.mailmyform.com/terms/
    You should contact them to find out exactly how many times constitutes
    overuse.

    cw

    code_wrong, Sep 16, 2005
  6. Dada

    Obvious Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:10:56 +0200, Dada wrote:

    <snip>

    Please don't top post, most of us read a page top to bottom :)

    Obvious, Sep 16, 2005