Dynamic Forms authorization

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Guest, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all

    I'm creating web application with windows integrated security.
    Every window user is member of one of the groups of managers or operators.
    ( The membership is stored in a database table )

    User | Group
    --------------------
    Joe | Managers
    Jim | Operators
    Kevin | Operators ....
    ----------------------

    I'm implementing dynamic authorization by using another table in the
    database which describes which group has access to which WebForm.The rows in
    this table are subject to change.

    FormName | Group
    --------------------------
    Form 1 | Managers
    Form 2 | Operators
    ... ....
    Form n | Operators
    --------------------------

    In the Page_Load event on every form, the app. checks the membership of a
    user in a group,
    and the group's access to a web form. According these values, the app grants
    the user right to
    a current page, or performs redirection to the first page.

    Is this approach O.K or there is a better solution?

    Is the PageLoad event appropriate for these actions, or it is better to use
    some event from global.asax (ex Application_AuthorizeRequest ) ?

    If the Application_AuthorizeRequest event is more appropriate than PageLoad,
    than I'm facing another problem:

    Imagine a Web form (Form1) with submit button which calls another webform
    with Response.Redirect("Form2")
    I know that during submit process Application_AuthorizeRequest event is
    called 2 times (one for the Form1 and one for Form2) .
    The problem is that I want my checking procedure to be called only one time
    (for Form2).
    How can I achieve this?

    Thanks in advance
    Trebor