Dynamic generation of graph in Excel.

Jawad Rehman

Hello everybody.....

I have an excel file which is resided on server,there is some data on
the cells .Now i want to
generate dynamic graph on the basis of the data present in the excel
file using ASP.NET.

I have solution of this ,that i should use the Com component
interop.microsoft.excel.but
According to the specifaction of this Com Component.In order to
connect to excel u must have
reference of excel File that u want to manipulate.

this can be easily done by using...

Public oexcel As Excel.Application

oexcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

but This will create a reference of excel file of type
excel.application .& its a newly created excel process.
But my problem is that i have an excel file that is resided on
server.And i need a reference of
this excel file of the type Excel.Application.

How i can get reference , plz help me in this regard....

Jawad Rehman

Sir ...
I connect to to excel file through connection string.This is ok.I
have done this.
Now than i extract the data available in cells by executing SQL
Quries.

now i want to generate graph throgh programming ..
Manually in excel u can generate graph using Chat Wizard.
But i want to access this Chart widard programatically .
or throgh any other method.

Mark Rae

I connect to to excel file through connection string.This is ok.I
have done this.
Now than i extract the data available in cells by executing SQL
Quries.
Excellent!

now i want to generate graph throgh programming ..
Manually in excel u can generate graph using Chat Wizard.
But i want to access this Chart widard programatically .
or throgh any other method.

Server-side automation of Office should be avoided:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2 so you
won't want to even try to use the Excel Chart Wizard in an ASP.NET app...
Therefore, you need to find another solution. Fortunately, there are very
many available, some of them free.

This one is excellent: http://www.gotreportviewer.com and is free.

This one is also excellent: http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html though it
isn't free.