Dynamic generation of graph in Excel.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jawad Rehman, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. Jawad Rehman

    Jawad Rehman Guest

    Hello everybody.....

    I have an excel file which is resided on server,there is some data on
    the cells .Now i want to
    generate dynamic graph on the basis of the data present in the excel
    file using ASP.NET.

    I have solution of this ,that i should use the Com component
    interop.microsoft.excel.but
    According to the specifaction of this Com Component.In order to
    connect to excel u must have
    reference of excel File that u want to manipulate.

    this can be easily done by using...

    Public oexcel As Excel.Application

    oexcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

    but This will create a reference of excel file of type
    excel.application .& its a newly created excel process.
    But my problem is that i have an excel file that is resided on
    server.And i need a reference of
    this excel file of the type Excel.Application.

    How i can get reference , plz help me in this regard....

    Jawad Rehman, Mar 16, 2007

  2. Jawad Rehman

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Jawad Rehman" <> wrote in message

    > How i can get reference , plz help me in this regard....

    I already answered this yesterday...

    Mark Rae, Mar 16, 2007

  3. Jawad Rehman

    Jawad Rehman Guest

    Sir ...
    I connect to to excel file through connection string.This is ok.I
    have done this.
    Now than i extract the data available in cells by executing SQL
    Quries.

    now i want to generate graph throgh programming ..
    Manually in excel u can generate graph using Chat Wizard.
    But i want to access this Chart widard programatically .
    or throgh any other method.

    Jawad Rehman, Mar 16, 2007
  4. Jawad Rehman

    > I connect to to excel file through connection string.This is ok.I
    > have done this.
    > Now than i extract the data available in cells by executing SQL
    > Quries.

    Excellent!

    > now i want to generate graph throgh programming ..
    > Manually in excel u can generate graph using Chat Wizard.
    > But i want to access this Chart widard programatically .
    > or throgh any other method.

    Server-side automation of Office should be avoided:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2 so you
    won't want to even try to use the Excel Chart Wizard in an ASP.NET app...
    Therefore, you need to find another solution. Fortunately, there are very
    many available, some of them free.

    This one is excellent: http://www.gotreportviewer.com and is free.

    This one is also excellent: http://www.advsofteng.com/cdnet.html though it
    isn't free.