    I need a html table with 10 columns and in that the first three columns
    should be freezed while i m scrolling the other 7 columns and my header
    should also be freezed how can i make it possible
    mfwahid, Jul 28, 2005

  2. mfwahid

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On 28 Jul 2005 03:33:40 -0700, "mfwahid" <> wrote:

    : I need a html table with 10 columns and in that the first three columns
    : should be freezed while i m scrolling the other 7 columns and my header
    : should also be freezed how can i make it possible
    :

    Use a Kelvinator. Otherwise Defy.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jul 28, 2005

  3. mfwahid

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, mfwahid quothed:

    > I need a html table with 10 columns and in that the first three columns
    > should be freezed while i m scrolling the other 7 columns and my header
    > should also be freezed how can i make it possible

    Practically speaking, it's impossible. Oh, some guru could, with great
    effort, probably approach the exalted goal, but you'd be better off
    rethinking your approach and presenting your content in a more
    traditional manner.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 28, 2005
  4. mfwahid

    Guest

    Frames

    or

    Bagload of DHTML and flipping the display CSS property as you scroll.
    , Jul 28, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > Frames
    >
    > or
    >
    > Bagload of DHTML and flipping the display CSS property as you scroll.

    Would be a nightmare keeping the rows in sync! Much simpler idea, use a
    suitable document....a spreadsheet!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 28, 2005
  6. mfwahid

    Jeff Thies Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Frames
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> Bagload of DHTML and flipping the display CSS property as you scroll.
    >>

    > Would be a nightmare keeping the rows in sync!

    Actually not. Assign a column number class for each cell and style as
    desired, the rows will stay synced. Probably not that much dhtml,
    whether that is a good way is another question. I've had a similar
    request recently.

    Much simpler idea, use a
    > suitable document....a spreadsheet!

    Fine, if the table doesn't need to be online editable.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jul 28, 2005