Dynamic Image Generation using Mobile Image Control

Waverider

Hi,

I'm trying to implemet some code that dynamically re-scales an image for a mobile image control. The code works fine when I browse to it in Internet Explorer but not when I browse to it on a mobile device, I just get a blank image with a red cross through it. It's got me flummoxed....any ideas.

Here's my code...

to fill my Image control

Image1.ImageUrl = ("img.aspx?image=/Images/logo_003.gif&height128&width128")
and the code inside the page load event of img.aspx

Try

Dim _image As String = Request.QueryString("image")
Dim _height As Int32 = Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString("height"))
Dim _width As Int32 = Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString("width"))

Dim bitmapname As String = Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + _image
Dim bmpsize As New System.Drawing.Size(_width, _height)

Dim bmpFile As New Bitmap(bitmapname)
Dim bmpfile2 As New Bitmap(bmpFile, bmpsize)

Response.ContentType = "image/gif"
bmpfile2.Save(Response.OutputStream, System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Gif)

Catch ex As Exception

End Try