dynamic inialization

Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi VHLD folks
I am new to this language, please dont mind for silly question if i put.
How can i iniatize std_logic vector (ref_lin1) dynamically in UUT where col_to-1 is coming from test bench.

if col_tot is 17 ,ref_lin1 is iniatilized to 17 1s and if it 31, in ref_lin1 , there should be 31 1s.

if reset_i = '1' then
ref_lin1(col_tot downto 0) :="111111111111111111";
end if;

some more question which has confused me
can i take integer in ports and if i define range then would it take 32 bits or bits for that range?

I am not able to access value of generic from one file(test banch) in another file (UUT)

Thanks in advance