Dynamic [INSERT]

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by carrzkiss, Jan 27, 2009.

  1. carrzkiss

    carrzkiss Guest

    Hello All;

    Can someone "please" point me to a site with a good source
    Of information on doing Dynamic Inserts.

    Lets say the following:
    You have a form that has 3-fields on it.

    Myfield
    Yourfield
    Theirfield

    Now.
    In your database, you have about 15 records.
    When the page is loaded you get all 15 Records displayed within'
    The

    Myfield
    Yourfield
    Theirfield

    (Of course using a code to implement a # sequence on the end of the of each
    Dynamic Record that is shown:
    Myfield1
    Yourfield1
    Theirfield1
    Myfield2
    Yourfield2
    Theirfield2
    Myfield3
    Yourfield3
    Theirfield 3
    Exc....................

    Now.
    I have some code that will insert a "Single Record" that is Dynamic into the
    database,
    And I have tried my darnest to make it work for Multiple Dynamic Fields,
    and I cannot for the life of me, get it to work properly.

    It will insert the proper # of fields into the Database.
    BUT they are all Identical values, as in, it is not picking up on the right
    information.

    Please.
    Can someone point me to some useful information on multiple Dynamic Insert.

    Thank You very, very much in advance.
    Wayne
    carrzkiss, Jan 27, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "carrzkiss" <>
    writing in news::

    > Hello All;
    >
    > Can someone "please" point me to a site with a good source
    > Of information on doing Dynamic Inserts.
    >
    > Lets say the following:
    > You have a form that has 3-fields on it.
    >
    > Myfield
    > Yourfield
    > Theirfield
    >
    > Now.
    > In your database, you have about 15 records.
    > When the page is loaded you get all 15 Records displayed within'
    > The
    >
    > Myfield
    > Yourfield
    > Theirfield
    >
    > (Of course using a code to implement a # sequence on the end of the of
    > each Dynamic Record that is shown:
    > Myfield1
    > Yourfield1
    > Theirfield1
    > Myfield2
    > Yourfield2
    > Theirfield2
    > Myfield3
    > Yourfield3
    > Theirfield 3
    > Exc....................
    >
    > Now.
    > I have some code that will insert a "Single Record" that is Dynamic
    > into the database,
    > And I have tried my darnest to make it work for Multiple Dynamic
    > Fields, and I cannot for the life of me, get it to work properly.
    >
    > It will insert the proper # of fields into the Database.
    > BUT they are all Identical values, as in, it is not picking up on the
    > right information.
    >
    > Please.
    > Can someone point me to some useful information on multiple Dynamic
    > Insert.
    >
    > Thank You very, very much in advance.
    > Wayne

    What you are asking/saying is not making sense. Do you have a three
    values to which you are appending a numeric value AFTER pulling out from
    the db? Do you want to insert the same value with an appended numeric
    value into your db? Or do you want to input different values in rows
    like a spreadsheet?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 27, 2009

  3. carrzkiss

    carrzkiss Guest

    This is taken care of.
    carrzkiss, Jan 27, 2009
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "carrzkiss" <>
    writing in news::

    > This is taken care of.

    Please quote the relavent text you are replying to. Also, it would be nice
    if you could share what you intention was, and how you resolved it - for
    the benefit of others who might come after you.

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 27, 2009
  5. carrzkiss

    carrzkiss Guest

    This is Dynamic.
    This information is feed in from access.
    The Check boxes are Dynamic.
    The Comboboxes are Dynamic.

    What I was trying to do, was to choose a # from the combobox
    And have it insert the Information into the Database.
    And since this is all Dynamic content, it was hard to do this.
    So, I got assistance from another programmer, and with a couple lines of
    code.
    The script now inserts into the database all the information like it suppose
    too.

    I do not really have a lot of time to go through it all.
    But, it is working.

    Dynamic Insert (Search Google, there are a lot of people trying to do it
    from a few years ago)

    have a good one.
    carrzkiss, Jan 28, 2009