Dynamic Java Objects Access

ash

Hello ,

I would like to access a running object's all kind of information
( methods, fields, class name, local variables, while loops, for
loops ,.... etc) basicly it's entire structure.
I tried solving this problem by parsing the Class to Absract syntax
tree's and then see where to go next. but in order to do that i wanted
to use the new Java Compiler API and there is very little
documentation with it.

So i would greatly appreciate it if anyone would tell me an API that
would solve this problem.

Thanks

Ahmed Ashmawy

Chris

ash said:
Hello ,

I would like to access a running object's all kind of information
( methods, fields, class name, local variables, while loops, for
loops ,.... etc) basicly it's entire structure.
I tried solving this problem by parsing the Class to Absract syntax
tree's and then see where to go next. but in order to do that i wanted
to use the new Java Compiler API and there is very little
documentation with it.

So i would greatly appreciate it if anyone would tell me an API that
would solve this problem.

Google the term "java reflection". You'll find plenty.