dynamic linkbutton ID's

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by eric.anderson@wachovia.com, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Guest

    I am trying to add a section to my form which allows users to upload a
    file to sql server and come back with the updated list of uploaded
    docs. They can do this as many times(up to 100) as they want until all
    the docs they want uploaded have been. Each time a doc is uploaded,
    the list comes back with a dynamic linkbutton which is supposed to
    remove the file if clicked. The linkbutton is created and the event is
    assigned but something odd happens each time i click the remove button.
    As I upload the files, when I hover over the linkbuttons created I can
    see the command in the bottom left corner of my browser saying
    'javascript__doPostBack('_ctl1',''). For each additional linkbutton,
    the number after ctl increases by 1. However when I click the remove
    linkbutton and the controls are re-created, the numbering sequence
    starts at 3 or 4 or some higher number depending on how many
    linkbuttons are there. Now when I click on them, they do a postback
    event which seems to do nothing except reset the numbering sequence
    properly. If i click the control a second time it removes the file but
    again screws up the numbering sequence of the remianing control names.
    I now have to click twice to get it to remove the file correctly.

    I am writing in VB

    I wanted to avoid entering the code here if at all possible. If you
    think it will help clarify, let me know and I'll do my best to post it.
    Thanks for your help.

    -eric
    , Dec 14, 2004