Dynamic loaded control event delegate does not fire on server

cindy

I have am dynamically loading a web user control based on the click of a tab
strip
I load the default control for the first tab in the page load event after
checking page is not postback. After that the controls are loaded/unloaded
based on the SelectionChanged event for the tab strip and again in Page load
because with a dynamic load viewstate has to be reloaded. I have a datalist
in the user control and I am trying to create the delegate so the parent can
handle the click of the edit button in the user control. Honestly I am not
very good at event delegation the code complies but I never get the command
to execute on the parent

in the child control site.ascx I set up the datalist public event with
code below

public partial class Site : System.Web.UI.UserControl
{
public delegate void myItemCommand(object source,
DataListCommandEventArgs e);
public event myItemCommand dlSiteItemCommand;

InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}
private void InitializeComponent()
{ }

protected void dlSite_ItemCommand(object source,
DataListCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (dlSiteItemCommand != null)
dlSiteItemCommand(source, e);

{ //get the data and fill the datalist }

in the parent (Detail) I try to bind to the event in the Site.ascx When
the page loads in the parent the procedure LoadUserControl()
is called and in it after I dynamically load the correct control, I caste
the generic control to an instance of Site so I can see the public event I
created. Thats where I have got it wrong I am SOOOOO confused. The binding
does not work when I click the edit button in the child datalist I never
break into the event that is bound on the parent Below is parent code.
Please I not this is too long an explanation but I have been trying and
reading a long time.

Cindy

public partial class Detail : System.Web.UI.Page
{
private string LastLoadedControl
{
get
{
return ViewState["LastLoaded"] as string;
}
set
{
ViewState["LastLoaded"] = value;
private void LoadUserControl()
{
string controlPath = LastLoadedControl;

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(controlPath))
{
PlaceHolder1.Controls.Clear();
UserControl uc = (UserControl)LoadControl(controlPath);
if (controlPath == "Site.ascx")
{
Site ucSite = (Site)uc;
ucSite.dlSiteItemCommand += new
Site.myItemCommand(ucSite_dlSiteItemCommand);
}
PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(uc);

void ucSite_dlSiteItemCommand(object source, DataListCommandEventArgs e)
{
(source as DataList).EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex;
(source as DataList).DataSource = dsTunnel;
(source as DataList).DataBind();

InitializeComponent();
base.OnInit(e);
}
private void InitializeComponent()
{}

if(!(Page.IsPostBack))
{
string controlPath = null;
controlPath = "Site.ascx";
LastLoadedControl = controlPath;
LoadUserControl();
}
LoadUserControl();
}
private void ts_SelectionChanged(object sender,
JQD.TabStrip.SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
{
int TabPos = e.TabPosition;
ActiveTab = TabPos;
string controlPath = string.Empty;