Dynamic method invocation on Proxy object?

Sebastian

How can I dynamically invoke a method on a Proxy, where the method
belongs to one of the proxied interfaces?

Normally (i. e. in the non-proxy case), one would do something like this:

protected Object invokeDelegated( Method m, Object[] args,
Object delegate ) throws Exception
{
// m is a method from an interface that is not implemented by delegate
// find the corresponding method in delegate interface and invoke
Class<?>[] parameterTypes = new Class[args.length];
for( int i = 0; i < args.length; i++ ) {
parameterTypes = args.getClass();
}
Method meth = delegate.getClass().getMethod( m.getName(),
parameterTypes );
return meth.invoke( delegate, args );
}

However, when delegate is itself a proxy, then delegate.getClass() will
give me Proxy, which is not what I'm looking for. How can I dynamically
invoke the methods in the proxied interfaces?

-- Sebastian

Steven Simpson

However, when delegate is itself a proxy, then delegate.getClass()
will give me Proxy,

Are you sure? I get $Proxy0 from this:

import java.lang.reflect.*;

public class GetProxyClass {
ClassLoader classLoader =
ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
InvocationHandler behaviour = new InvocationHandler() {
public Object invoke(Object proxy, Method method,
Object[] args) {
System.out.println("Called " + method);
return null;
}
};
Object proxy =
Proxy.newProxyInstance(classLoader,
new Class<?>[] { Runnable.class },
behaviour);
Class<?> proxyClass = proxy.getClass();
System.out.println("Proxy class is: " + proxyClass);

Method m = proxyClass.getMethod("run", new Class<?>[0]);
((Runnable) proxy).run();
m.invoke(proxy);

Output:

Proxy class is: class $Proxy0
Called public abstract void java.lang.Runnable.run()
Called public abstract void java.lang.Runnable.run()

It also demonstrates a method on the implemented interface being looked
up and invoked.

Sebastian

Am 08.02.2012 11:34, schrieb Steven Simpson:
However, when delegate is itself a proxy, then delegate.getClass()
will give me Proxy,

Are you sure? I get $Proxy0 from this:
[coding snipped]

Output:

Proxy class is: class $Proxy0
Called public abstract void java.lang.Runnable.run()
Called public abstract void java.lang.Runnable.run()

It also demonstrates a method on the implemented interface being looked
up and invoked.

Thanks for that. I found my mistake - the reason that I could not find
the target method turned out to be different classloaders for the
argument types, so the signatures did not match.

-- Sebastian